Bogas’ Environment, Safety, and Health (BESH) Tips
By Lolito Ford F. Bogas
What to do in case of fire?
Did you know that when a fire starts in your home, you may have as little as two minutes to escape? In order to stay safe during incidents of fire, observe the following safety tips:
- Do not panic. Be calm but act quickly.
- In small fires, use any of the following to extinguish the fire:
– Wet rug or fire blanket
– Pail of water
– Fire Extinguisher (preferably “ABC” fire extinguisher)
- Call for help immediately. Always have emergency contact numbers within reach.
- Leave the building immediately when the fire breaks out. Do not use elevators.
- Do not go back inside the burning building once you are already outside.
- When clothes catch fire:
– Stay in one place. Do not run.
– Cover face and mouth, lie on the floor and roll from side to side until all the flames are out, and then take off the clothes.
Source: DOLE Department Advisory No. 01, Series of 2014.